[RESOLVED] How to add more example datasets

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
davidville

[RESOLVED] How to add more example datasets

Post by davidville »

Hello,

First, I want to thank the developers for this project. I found out about it when updating
my Stats course and instantly decided to integrate it directly into my pedagogy - it is
exactly what I have been looking for...

I would like to add example datasets to the Open-Examples menu, to facilitate the classroom
methodology (i.e., save class time)
I tried to add a dataset to the directory and update the index.yaml file but the whole menu is
then broken. I have also searched this forum but came up empty.

If it isn't too much trouble, and if it is simple enough, perhaps you can explain how to do it.

Again thanks
jonathon

Re: How to add more example datasets

Post by jonathon »

hi david,

updating the index.yaml should do it. perhaps your yaml wasn't quite well formed. try pasting it in here:

http://www.yamllint.com/

i've been meaning to add a 'proper' way to do this, but what you propose will work at a pinch.

let me know if you get stuck with it.

cheers

jonathon
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

davidville wrote: I tried to add a dataset to the directory and update the index.yaml file but the whole menu is then broken. I have also searched this forum but came up empty.
Hi david,
I, too, for my students opted for add example datasets to the Open-Examples menu.
I confirm that the index.yaml update works perfectly, if the editor you use respects the yaml format.
Personally I use Notepad++ v7.5.8 to update it after adding new examples in the same directory as index.yaml.

Cheers,
Maurizio
davidville

Post by davidville »

You both were right.
For some reason my text editor encoded the file as ANSI I just had to select UTF-8 before saving.
Thank you so much.