[RESOLVED] the jamovi server could not be started,...

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
nasimpian

Re: [RESOLVED] the jamovi server could not be started,...

Post by nasimpian »

Hi everyone,

Im facing a problem right after installing either the ''current version'' or the ''solid'' one. While starting it always shows me the same message ''Unable to open, system cannot find the path specified'' The same message occurs whenever I try to open either a csv or omv file. It doesn't even open its own ''example'' files. Another observation is that the left side on the starting page is blank; where there should be little boxes and columns like ''excel programm''. If Jonathan or anyone else could help me, I would really appreciate it!
Thank you!!!
dropmann

Post by dropmann »

Hi nasimpian,

In order to try and get to the bottom of the issue, could you try the following.

1. Open jamovi
2. Press F10 to open the devtools window
3. Expand the panel at the bottom of the window that might contain errors.
4. Take a screenshot and post it back here

and let see where that gets us
nasimpian

Post by nasimpian »

Hi Dropmann and thanks for the reply,

Here are two screenshots. If you recognise the problem and know how to solve it please let me know!
Attachments
missing boxes
missing boxes
Screenshot (3).png (90.61 KiB) Viewed 3729 times
bottom right side notification
bottom right side notification
Screenshot (1).png (107.51 KiB) Viewed 3729 times
daisyalice

Post by daisyalice »

I am a student on a MSc Psychology course and I specifically bought a new computer because my old one could not handle downloading Jamovi which I need for my stats.
I downloaded and used Jamovi for one day without any problems and now I have the same message occurring "server could not be reached...etc"
PLEASE tell me this is fixable. I am on windows 10 and my assignment is due in 12 days and I have to commute into uni if I can't use my home computer.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi daisy,

could you try the latest (current) version and see if you still have the issue?

otherwise, probably the only way we'll be able to figure this out is by getting access to your computer with something like teamviewer.

if that would be possible, drop us a line at contact <at> jamovi.org

kind regards

jonathon