[RESOLVED] Copying analyses

Everything related to development of the jamovi platform
tcford

[RESOLVED] Copying analyses

Post by tcford »

Hi all,
Thanks for the great software, I'm really enjoying the functionality and aesthetics!
I was wondering whether it's possible to copy and paste an analysis to replicate the inputs, so that one can then change only one or two settings? Basically, can I replicate an analysis, e.g. a mixed model, without having to enter all of the same inputs/settings again, just to change the dependent variable?
Thanks again,
Talitha
jonathon

Re: Copying analyses

Post by jonathon »

hi talitha,

sorry, i haven't got around to implementing that yet, but i've been meaning to for a while.

thanks for bringing it up though

jonathon
tcford

Post by tcford »

Cool, thanks Jonathon :D Looking forward to it!
marknorth

Post by marknorth »

It has been a while, so I was wondering if this functionality has been added? I'm not finding a way to do it. For example, I want to keep the same predictors – but have different criterion variables for different analyses. I'd like to copy/paste one analysis and then just change the criterion for each. Thanks for following up.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hey, thanks for the bump,

i had a look at it for about an hour today, exploring different ways we could achieve this. i was hoping we could slot it in really easily, but it will probably take a few hours works. we're a bit focused on other features at the moment, so it may take us a little while to come back around to this.

so probably won't happen imminently, sorry (but you never know, sometimes things occur to me at odd hours of the night, etc. how something can be done really nicely/easily, so it could come together).

jonathon
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

i spent a bit of time on this today, and the next release you'll be able to right click on an analysis, and duplicate it.

cheers
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

0.9.5.16 is out, and allows you to 'duplicate' analyses