Printing!

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
JDK

Printing!

Post by JDK »

I am probably missing how to do this, but how would I print or otherwise output analysis?

Right mouse gets me to Copy or save [Analysis or table] . But neither copy nor save seems to work?

Not being able to printout or save, create some significant downsides!
Ravi

Re: Printing!

Post by Ravi »

Hi,

Copy should work (see https://www.jamovi.org/assets/images/copyPaste.gif). We're gonna add the possibility to export results as a pdf/html pretty soon too.
JDK

Post by JDK »

I subsequently, found that it seems to me that you have check the syntax mode - hidden in upper right corner under three dots. Otherwise, it does not work.

Yeah in 2017, print to PDF pretty standard and expectable.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

we're not aware of any issue that would prevent copy from working. syntax mode shouldn't be necessary. could you double check that this indeed doesn't work?

yup, we'll add PDF export in the future -- you could sponsor its development if you like.

cheers

jonathon
JDK

Post by JDK »

I checked a number of times. (Windows 10) It only works if I check syntax mode.

I should note that I was focused on a pretty larger Factor Analysis table (150+ variables ->> 20 factors).

Not at office where I have it loaded, but I will check next week on a smaller table of some kind. I am also not getting how you were able to paste as gif. What is sent to clipboard is string of text. I ended up writing a little routine to turn clipboard contents (text) from the table into a suitable csv form that I could import into another database.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

could you save a .omv file of the analysis and attach it here? i'm guessing there's a bug in our clipboard copier that your particular table has found.

if you copy the table from syntax mode, it gives you the ascii. if you copy the table from 'normal' or non-ascii mode, it will copy it as html and will paste into word/excel/etc. quite nicely.

so copy/pasting from syntax mode isn't the normal copy/paste experience.

thanks for reporting this. bug reports like this are very valuable.

jonathon
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

wait. what are you pasting the results into?

it's possible that you're pasting the results into something which doesn't accept HTML content.

jonathon
JDK

Post by JDK »

Outside of the syntax mode solution/hack, I've tried pasting into Notebook, WordPerfect, Quattro Pro. I'm an oldtimer. But I do use Google Sheets and I see that I CAN paste into that. What exactly is being sent to the clipboard?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

HTML! can't get any more open and standards loving than that! :)

surprised wordperfect/quattro pro can't handle it.

we can send multiple things to the clipboard, i.e. a html representation, and a text representation, but my concern there is that some software might use the text representation when the HTML one is better (but i could look into this).

cheers

jonathon
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hey,

the just released jamovi 0.7.3.2 allows you to export the results as PDF and HTML

cheers

jonathon