About multi-language

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
Jinghaom

About multi-language

Post by Jinghaom »

Dear developer of jamovi

I am a student of a master's degree in psychostatistics from a university in China who is about to enter Japan.
Jamovi is really an amazing software. My instructor and I hope to promote jamavi in the undergraduate.

For me, statistical analysis in English can be done,
But considering that students in China and Japan who have just entered college and are ready to study statistics may have some difficulties. So I would like to ask if the developers of the distinguished jamovi have plans to provide multi-language support.

In fact, I am happy to provide Chinese and Japanese translations of the basic analysis of Jamovi. But I apologize because of my programming ability, I don't know how to put jamovic's GUI into Chinese or Japanese.
Is there any advice? Thank you.

As usual, because my English is very bad, I wrote this letter with Google Translate. If there is anything that is difficult to understand, I sorry.

Jinghao Ma
jonathon

Re: About multi-language

Post by jonathon »

hi jinghao,

we're very keen to add translations, but it still requires a large amount of work from us to 'externalise' all the strings. unfortunately, this is a reasonably large undertaking. so we're very keen, but it still requires a largish amount of work from us.

there *is* the book /learning statistics with jamovi/ available in japanese however: https://www.jamovi.org/community.html

but yeah, would love to, but we just haven't had the time to add this support just yet.

jonathon
Jinghaom

Re: About multi-language

Post by Jinghaom »

hi jonathon

thank you for your reply.

Ok, I am looking forward to the day when jamovi will join multilingual support.
If you need translations in Chinese and Japanese, please feel free to contact me.

Tribute to all developers

jinghao