Suggestions

Everything related to development of the jamovi platform
Steve

Suggestions

Post by Steve »

Hi guys

Thank you for the great work you guys are doing. I have been playing around with Jamovi for a while and noticed a few things that I hope you guys will consider improving for future versions. It is kind of a wish list. I know guys must be busy with other things, but it would be great to have fixes for these. I am using the Mac 0.7.3.1 version.

1) delete columns (at least I haven't figured out how to do it) - general right click menu with different functions (like delete, copy, cut, paste, etc)
2) in repeated measures ANOVA (for example) be able to highlight multiple columns in the left panel for moving over to the repeated measures cells panel
3) RM ANOVA - under repeated measures components: once you remove a model term by clicking the left arrow it does not move over to the left panel and you can't return it to the right panel. When it is gone, it is gone for good.
4) Does the latest Mac version allow one to save plots in different formats? It doesn't seem to have that.

Thanks
Steve
jonathon

Re: Suggestions

Post by jonathon »

hi steve,

great suggestions.

1. we're working on column and row deletion at the moment.
2, 3. let me attend damo to these - he's the analysis options UI guy
4. you can save to different formats, but we use electron to provide the save file dialog, and under macOS this doesn't provide the drop down format list that people are used to. to save as a different format you have to manually type in the extension:

i.e. filename.png or filename.svg or filename.eps ... from memory it does pdf by default.

i agree this kinda sucks, and i haven't been able to come up with a workaround which is a) good, and b) won't take forever to implement. :(

with thanks
dropmann

Post by dropmann »

Hi Steve, thanks for the feedback.

for 2) if you use drag and drop you can move multiple across from left to right in the RM Cells option. It looks like only the button for the RM cells has an issue, I'll fix this up. For all other options the add button works with multiple variables selected just fine.

for 3) the model build of the RM Anova, the left panel only shows the single variables, but when selecting more than one variable will pass all combinations across to the right. I appreciate this is a hidden feature and will add another button to make it more discoverable.

If I have miss understood your feedback please let me know

thanks,
Damian
dropmann

Post by dropmann »

Hi Steve,

I have fixed the issue with the RM Anova cells control not receiving multiple variables when using the add button. This will be in the next release.

regards,
Damian
dropmann

Post by dropmann »

Hi Steve,

version 0.7.3.2 has been released.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

oh, hey steve,

in case you missed it, we added row/column deletion a while back