How can data be merged in the jamovi?

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)

by daino » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:16 am

Hello!, I'm asking you a question again :') because I'm having a problem while using jamovi.
In addition to copying and pasting methods, is there a way to merge two data in the jamovi?
I tried Rj to merge data into the r code, but it didn't working with importing data.
could you tell me what's wrong with my syntax?
Attachments
dh.PNG
dh.PNG (33.08 KiB) Viewed 498 times
daino

by jonathon » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:25 am

hi,

it's currently not possibly to programmatically (using Rj) import data into jamovi. just use file -> open.

or do you have a special use-case? are you wanting to combine multiple files at once for example?

kind regards

jonathon
jonathon

by daino » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:32 am

Yes! I would like to combine multiple files at once, or to merge additional cases or variables in other files.
daino

by jonathon » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:36 am

the next release will allow you to combine multiple files into one. a use-case for this is, say, experimental psychology, where you run participants through experiments, and have one data file per participant. in our next release, you'll be able to import multiple of these files, and they'll be combined end-to-end.

as for merging additional variables ... what's the use-case for that?

with thanks
jonathon

by daino » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:09 am

It just means adding a new variable from another file. I know it's possible to paste, but I was wondering if there were any other ways. Thank you for your quick response and for your development of the jamovi!
daino

by bcollins » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:36 pm

One common use case would be when you have pre-post data on a set of subjects (or other longitudinal data) with a common ID variable to match subjects on in each file. In SPSS, you can select which variables in the second file you want to add as columns to the first file since some variables (demographics and such) may be redundant. I agree there are other ways to do this outside of Jamovi, but the SPSS functionality for adding either cases or variables is nice and reduces likelihood of error.
bcollins

by jonathon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:59 pm

oh yup. makes sense. thanks for the knowledge bump.

cheers

jonathon
jonathon

Return to Help