covariates labeling plots change

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
tutkuoztel

covariates labeling plots change

Post by tutkuoztel »

hello there!

I'm running a mixed effects analysis. I have 2 continuous covariates, 1 categorical factor (with 4 levels) and all possible 2 and 3-way interaction terms in my model. I plotted my categorical factor in seperate lines, one of my continuous covariates on the x-axis and my other continuous covariate in seperate plots (as mean-1 SD, mean and mean+1 SD, i.e., 3 different plots). I used the default covariates labeling (which is "Labels"). But then I noticed that using other covariates labeling options change the intercepts of my 3 plots.

How come different covariates labeling options change the plots (especially intercepts) without making any changes on values in the estimates table?

I've read the following descriptions of the 3 types of labeling options, but could not really get the difference among them, and how they could change my plots:

"Covariates labeling decides which label should be associated with the estimates and plots of simple effects as follows:
Labels produces strings of the form Mean±SD
Values uses the actual values of the variables
Labels+Values produces labels of the form Mean±SD=XXXX, where XXXX is the actual value."

thanks in advance!

tutku
mcfanda@gmail.com

Re: covariates labeling plots change

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Solved by email?
tutkuoztel

Re: covariates labeling plots change

Post by tutkuoztel »

In the newest version of GAMLj, it seems to be solved. Changing the Covariates labeling does not seem to affect the plots right now. The thing is though, jamovi gives an error “no such key name” when i try to plot my 3 way interaction and change the covariates labeling. It does not matter much for me now, since the default covariates labeling (which is “label” i suppose) seem to be working just fine. But yeah, changing the covariates labeling for 3-way interaction plots results in error (which I worth mentioning, although the default works).