Feature requests: Installation options (Windows) etc.

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
Terpsichord

Feature requests: Installation options (Windows) etc.

Post by Terpsichord »

Hi

I'm looking forward to every new version of Jamovi and especially the conversion feature (wide <-> long datasets). I know this is planned and when it will be availabe, for me, Jamovi is complete. :grin:
I would be super happy if you could also implement a dataset matching feature, the way you can compare datasets by index and factorial variables and paste them together (add new measurements or new variables). This was my favorite feature in SPSS (when we were still using it). But that's just a bold wish.

Other than that I have two main requests concerning the installation on Windows operated systems:
1) Still to this date, I have to manually override the Windows Smartscreen in order to install Jamovi via .exe file. This is not really a friendly beginning for new users who might be skeptical about the software!
2) It would be very nice if one could choose the file path for the installation in the .exe file. Not everyone has 1 TB available on the system disk!

However, apart from these missing features, I'm very happy with using Jamovi and think our students are inclined to use it even if we offer them alternative R courses.
jonathon

Re: Feature requests: Installation options (Windows) etc.

Post by jonathon »

yup, great suggestions. thanks for chasing us up on these.

cheers

jonathon