Reorder output

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
stats2019

Reorder output

Post by stats2019 »

Hi,

I know there might be some problems (as variables might be calculated in a certain order), but it would be great, if one would be able to reorder the different analyses. Maybe even with a simple drag and drop?

Stats
jonathon

Re: Reorder output

Post by jonathon »

hey, thanks for the suggestion.

yes, definitely on the todo list.

cheers

jonathon
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

+1 on this one and it would go nicely with the user profile feature :relaxed: --> https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues/167
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

Hi,

I bump this up to know if you had the opportunity to give a thought about this feature? Students are vera eager to be able to re-order their analysis (example for Anova: Assumption checks, then Anova, then post-hoc).

Have a nice day.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

yup, we're thinking about it. hopefully soon.

jonathon
Wake

Post by Wake »

Plus one for this feature. I don't think order matters since every analysis is based on the latest version of the data set.

Alongside this one, it would also be good to be able to clear the analysis window rather than having to delete each analysis separately.

Cheers,

Wake
decuser

Post by decuser »

I don't know if this is the same request, but it's related. Would it be possible to reorder the analysis? Meaning, I first ran linear regression, then descriptives, can we swap the analysis so the descriptives are first, then the regression? Currently, I just rerun the regression and remove the first one, but it'd be nice to be able to manage it without the hack.

Ciao,

Will
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

yup, on the todo list.

cheers

jonathon
reason180

Post by reason180 »

Perhaps an easy, interim change to jamovi would be to have duplicated analyses get copied to the bottom of the output window rather than immediately below the original. That way, after having done some analyses, the user could opt to duplicate the analyses in any arbitrary order and then delete the originals, leaving the just the arbitrarily ordered duplicates.
jmjamison

Post by jmjamison »

I'm also interested in this feature. The fix proposed by @reason180 sounds really good to me. Ideally, we might have two options:
  • Duplicate below (current function, duplicates the same analysis right below the one selected)
  • Duplicate to bottom (new function, duplicates the same analysis to the bottom of the page)