possible improvements

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
superyms

possible improvements

Post by superyms »

Hi Jamovi's team

I really like your project. :grinning:
I am already an R/R Studio user.
I am fellowing your project because it gives an easy way to present analyses and it is quite easy for people i know that not so going to start using R. :grin:

I have some improvements to propose:

1- from JASP, i like the possibility to copy any part of the document generated and use it in a writer soft
2- from JASP, i like the small arrow that allow you to copy or save each part of the document as image if desired
3- an effort on documentation has to be done (why you do not recruit volunteer writers, i am one of them), for example, there is no explanation on how you could develop a package, use an R package (ggplot2 or something else)
4- when do you think that it would be possible to use left to right language (arabic, hebrew), actually even in R that's very hard to be done while limited ':) , but i thought that you could maybe do it easily

Thanks in advance.
jonathon

Re: possible improvements

Post by jonathon »

hi,

1. and 2. are already available in jamovi, you just need to right-click on the element you want to copy. see here for more details: https://www.jamovi.org/user-manual.html#copy-and-paste

3a. yes! we definitely need to develop some help functionality

3b. not sure if you're asking about developing modules/analyses for jamovi, but we have documentation for that here: https://dev.jamovi.org/

4. yeah, that's a tricky one. i have been more seriously thinking about providing jamovi in additional languages. we'll probably start something like that in the next few months. keep an eye out, because we'd definitely appreciate your input!

cheers

jonathon
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

With possible improvements on the table, I suggested earlier this year a stand-alone normality test and an outlier test.

Could you please tell me a little more about them (are they still in the pipeline ^^ )?

Keep up the good work :)
mvefimov

Post by mvefimov »

Thank you for the great project. I'd love to see Import support for Open Office file formats and Microsoft Excel. Maybe it just me, but I like prep my sample/variable dataset in the spreadsheet or small database and import into tool for analysis. This is a feature that I love in JASP and is not yet in Jamovi.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hey, RHainez, i'm sorry, standalone normality test is still in the pipeline!

mvefimov, yes, definitely. i'm embarrassed that we don't already provide spss, excel, lo, etc. etc. import. i even have someone lined up to implement it for us too, but so far there have been delays.

hopefully soon.
tcford

Post by tcford »

Hi all,
I'm trying to use Jamovi as an all-in-one outlier detection tool and stumbled across this post. Is it possible to identify the ID of a data point that is extreme/an outlier? Even if based on histogram and box plot (JASP and SPSS have this tool).
Thanks
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

yeah, that's a good suggestion too.
nickgoddard

Post by nickgoddard »

Hi jamovi team

First... great product. I'm trying to encourage my students to use it as an alternative to SPSS and also as a first step into using R.

In terms of outliers, I agree with the above, it would be good if the line/case number could be indicated next to the outlier or shown when the mouse hovers over it/them.

Would it also be possible to look at different symbols for different types of outlier? Using a different symbol, such as an asterisk, where the Z-score of the outlier is greater than 3 (or 3.29) would be really useful in helping students to quickly determine what action needs to be taken with that outlier. I know that calculating Z-scores is super easy in jamovi, but we deal with a lot of students who find statistics really difficult and the easier we can make it for them, the better.

Thanks and best wishes

Nick
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

yup, good suggestions. the outlier numbering is on the todo ... but we ran into a hurdle with ggplot ... but it's something we should revisit.

with thanks

jonathon
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

Yep, +1 on this one too :)