Multiple pastes, auto-update

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
RHainez

Multiple pastes, auto-update

Post by RHainez »

Hi,

Two unrelated questions / suggestions:

1) In a spreadsheet, when we copy a cell with Ctrl+C, we can paste it on multiple target-cells at once by selecting these cells and then press Ctrl-V. In jamovi, the same ninja move will only copy in one target-cell.

Would it be possible to input this "multiple paste" feature? II don't know the real name of it, sorry, I hope my explanation is clear enough.

2) Students are used to their smartphone which auto-updates their apps without having to think about it or re-installing the app.
So they are a little taken aback when I explain them they have to check for updates, then download and install a newer version, etc. (and I won't explain the despair I plunge into when, after their installation, they try to launch jamovi by clicking on the installation file...).
So, for the less savvy tech of the mere mortals who need stats, I was wondering if you plan to input a kind of auto-update feature for Windows and Mac versions? Or something similar, maybe. I had a look at the online version of jamovi for example, it seems very promising and would solve this problem. Do you plan ton input the modules in it, as well too?

Have a nice day!
dropmann

Re: Multiple pastes, auto-update

Post by dropmann »

Hi!

Re the multicell paste, that should be a problem, i'll look into it.

The auto update already exists with the mac installation however it does not for the windows installation. It is something that we have looked into. The online version will solve that issue however it would be nice for the installed version to auto-update. I can not give a time frame on this feature.

In regards to the modules and the online version this is something that we are hoping to achieve. It is hoped the online version will be fully featured when complete.
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

Ok, thank you very much :)
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

Hi,

I hope you are doing well. I come to check in about the multipaste feature. Did you have time to look into it and if yes, do you have informations to share about it please?

Have a nice day!
dropmann

Post by dropmann »

Hi! The multiple paste will be in the next release. Thanks for chasing me up on this one.
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

Thank you, that's a great news :)
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

Hi,

I bump this up to get an update about the auto-update feature with W10. Do you have any news about it please?

And I don't dare to ask about the profile user feature and the custom plot feature, a day has only 24 hours :)

Have a nice day