Analyses Issues

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
longj87

Analyses Issues

Post by longj87 »

Hello,

Every time I attempt to run any analyses I receive the following message : "This analysis has terminated, likely due to hitting a resource limit".

I am using Windows 10 as my OS and currently have 398GB free on my PC.

Thank you for your help.
jonathon

Re: Analyses Issues

Post by jonathon »

hi,

we'd probably need to look at your computer with team viewer to figure out what's going on here. for some reason the R process is crashing.

if that would be possible, can you drop us a line at contact <at> jamovi.org

with thanks

jonathon
longj87

Post by longj87 »

Hi Jonathon,

Thank you for the quick reply. I sent an e-mail yesterday to contact@jamovi.org and have not heard back yet. Please let me know if I sent an e-mail to the wrong contact?

Thank You,
John
gom386

Post by gom386 »

Hi Jonathon, John

I am experiencing the same issue with Jamovi where without any apparent reason jamovi stops because of the "...hitting a resource limit". Would really appreciate an update on this topic.

Many thanks in advance,

Milan
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

at this stage, the update is that windows sometimes behaves, and it's very difficult to get a large company like microsoft to take a look at this issue. we're still trying to find a work-around for it, but it affects such a small number of people, it's very challenging.

the best advice i can offer, is just to use a different computer.

kind regards

jonathon
gom386

Post by gom386 »

Hi Jonathon,

Thank you for a prompt response.

Interestingly, both of us who reported this issue are Win 10 users. I have jamovi on Win 7 and it works fine.

Cheers,

Milan
gom386

Post by gom386 »

Hi Jonathon,

I am still experiencing a dysfunctional JAMOVI on my desktop PC due to "...hitting a resource limits" issue. I believed that this is because of the Microsoft WIN 10 op system, but I am no sure any longer. it looks like JAMOVI appears to be in conflict with the system-wide limits configured by IT department in my organization. I've requested JAMOVI to be installed on my laptop with WIN 7 and have the same issue.

Thank you, Milan
dannymte

Post by dannymte »

Hi Jonathon,

I am also experiencing - hitting a resource limit- with my laptop (using Windows 10 Home); but I have no problem with my desktop (using Windows 10 Pro).

I'd appreciate if Jamovi can take a look at this concern. I think there are many Jamovi users who are experiencing this Analyses concern.

Thanks
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

we estimate that it affects less than 1 in 500 users... we're super-keen to fix it, but it really seems to be an issue with windows, and outside of our control.

our online version is coming along, so if you get stuck, i'd suggest you use that:

https://demo.jamovi.org

cheers
dannymte

Post by dannymte »

Hi Jonathon,

I tried the online version: https://demo.jamovi.org

It works except I cannot export the output as pdf file. What I did was to save the file (.omv). Then, I opened it in my laptop through Jamovi and exported the output (pdf file). It solves my concern for the meantime. I hope in the future the Windows conflict with Jamovi would be resolved, so I don't have to go online. Anyway, thanks a lot.