Unable to install GAMLj modules

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
linteng Yang

Unable to install GAMLj modules

Post by linteng Yang »

hi,
It's my first time to use jamovi. But I encounter some problem.
I failed to install GAMLj modules from the jamovi library. The error message is a simple 'unable to install module'. So I downloaded the package from the website (https://www.jamovi.org/library.html) and tried to sideload it, but failed again with the same message "unable to install module". ( The way I sideload was that I put the package "gamlj_1.6.0-win64.jmo" on desktop and sideload it through the path "jamovi - Modules - jamovi library - Sideload - (select the package)". I am not sure whether it's a right way or not).
What's more, I used another computer to repeat operation above and failed again. But I succeeded to install jpower module by jamovi library. So I am sure the problem is unrelated with my PC.

Could you give me some help? Thank you very much!

ThinkPad X1 carbon, Win10 Home
Jamovi 1.0.7.0
jonathon

Re: Unable to install GAMLj modules

Post by jonathon »

hi,

we've not encountered this issue before.

could you try running jamovi at the terminal (you'll find jamovi debug in the start menu), and then try installing the module? i'm interested in whether there are any error messages that appear in the terminal.

with thanks
linteng Yang

Post by linteng Yang »

jonathon wrote:hi,

we've not encountered this issue before.

could you try running jamovi at the terminal (you'll find jamovi debug in the start menu), and then try installing the module? i'm interested in whether there are any error messages that appear in the terminal.

with thanks
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
i ran jamovi at the terminal, and installed the module from the "jamovi library - available" again. there were no any extro error information appeared. then i sideloaded it and the information said:

jamovi - File is not a zip file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "jamovi\Resources\jamovi\server\jamovi\server\modules.py", line 206, in _on_install
File "D:\obj\windows-release\37amd64_Release\msi_python\zip_amd64\zipfile.py", line 1225, in __init__
File "D:\obj\windows-release\37amd64_Release\msi_python\zip_amd64\zipfile.py", line 1292, in _RealGetContents
zipfile.BadZipFile: File is not a zip file

i compressed the file "gamlj_1.6.0-win64.jmo" to zip format, but found it couldn't be selected by the sideload way.

more information, i put the jamovi installation package "jamovi-1.0.7.0-win64.exe" in path "D:\Software\jamovi", and installed it in path "C:\Program Files" (automatically install).
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

so a .jmo file is just a .zip file. so for some reason, downloading to your computer is corrupting that file.

i've updated https://www.jamovi.org/library.html now ... can you see if you still have an issue with GAMLj 2.0.0?

with thanks
linteng Yang

Post by linteng Yang »

it works!
thanks for your help!
Shahab

Post by Shahab »

I have the exact same issue!!