Meta-analysis problems

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
kylehamilton

Re: Meta-analysis problems

Post by kylehamilton »

Hi Beth, can you provide me with your jamovi data file so I can see what the problem is? You can email me directly at kylehamilton@gmail.com

Kyle
jmaxwell

Post by jmaxwell »

I had the same issue and found a solution.

When i created a datafile in excel and then saved it as a .csv so that i could upload it in jamovi, there was some random cells that were previously filled in that were deleted, but jamoi thinks that the column values include these empty cells. This bug causes the column to be registered as having NAs because jamovi think there's supposed to be values in some cells that there are not actually any values for.

The fix was to re-open the datafile in excel, save it as a .csv again, and the re-open the file. Basically, just re-save or start over with a new document to open in jamovi.

josh
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

Hi!

My data file works fine when any other model other than "Fixed Effect" is chosen. When "Fixed Effect" is selected, I got "y is empty or has only NAs".

I've tried to create a new file as cvs. But that did not solve the problem either.

What should I do? Please help!

Sandra