Connection Lost Error when choosing wrong data type

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
b05crypto

Connection Lost Error when choosing wrong data type

Post by b05crypto »

Ran into the Connection Lost error. It would not let me save despite offering it in the popup and kept reverting back to the Connection Lost screen. Anyway, here is a screencast of how I get the error.

The column I am changing is a Date/Time column. I am new to Jamovi and data analysis in general. Hopefully this will help resolve the issue for others.

https://monosnap.com/file/aIaOSRHFJK4YQ ... mRgy7A1Bir

By the way, had to Google Search to get the captcha question right to join this forum. May want to think about a simpler captcha for newbies to data like me coming for help using Jamovi.
b05crypto

Re: Connection Lost Error when choosing wrong data type

Post by b05crypto »

By the way, the video has the steps I went through before I got to the Date/Time field.

Thanks for creating such a great tool.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

glad to see some crypto users making use of jamovi :) i have thought about adding some crypto-centric features.

is it possible for you to share the data with us? i appreciate this may be a bit sensitive. perhaps you can reproduce the issue with a subset of the data, and send that through?

you could send it to contact <at> jamovi.org
By the way, had to Google Search to get the captcha question right to join this forum. May want to think about a simpler captcha for newbies to data like me coming for help using Jamovi.
yeah, apologies. we've had so much trouble with spam, and we'd run out of simple questions.

cheers

jonathon
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

also, we'd love to hear your (won't be taken *too* seriously) predictions for the price of BTC in:

24 hours
1 week
1 month
6 months

:)

jonathon