update problem

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
coledavis

update problem

Post by coledavis »

My version of jamovi (1.0.5.0) is telling me that it is rather old (like its user). When I try to download the 'solid' version (1.1.9), I get rejection messages and don't seem to be able to download.
Firefox says 'Secure Connection Failed'. Edge 'Can't Read This Page.
jonathon

Re: update problem

Post by jonathon »

can you try again cole?

it may have just been a temporary outage (perhaps related to our website, perhaps not).

cheers

jonathon
coledavis

Post by coledavis »

Have tried, using three different browsers, to no avail. I guess if other people are downloading ok, it might be my antivirus program becoming 'more useful'.

Another point: the warning that my jamovi edition is old, is that a timed function of the program, or is there a connection via the internet that creates these messages?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

when jamovi starts up, it loads the welcome page (most of the time, that's simply the v and the version number). this allows us to alert people if there's a significant problem with the version they're using. and also let's us encourage people to update to a newer version.

cheers

jonathon
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hey cole,

are you using AVG? AVG looks to be falsely flagging an issue with jamovi at the moment. i've sent them an email.

you could try the 'current' version instead.

cheers

jonathon
coledavis

Post by coledavis »

Re antivirus: I've been using Avast, so I guess you could contact them.

Re the warnings: Does that mean a timer within the program, or do you send the update warning via internet connection?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

i'll drop avast a line.

yeah, the welcome page is loaded from the internet.

cheers

jonathon