failure to import SPSS file

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
hjkoz318

failure to import SPSS file

Post by hjkoz318 »

Hi Jamoviers,

I'm having trouble importing the SPSS file onto Jamovi.

I had no problems doing this before, but after I updated Jamovi to version 1.2.22, when I try to import SPSS files, I get an error message that says "Unable to perform import. 'float' object cannot be interpreted as an integer".

Could you please let me know how I could solve this issue?

Thank you very much,

Jin
jonathon

Re: failure to import SPSS file

Post by jonathon »

hi jin,

could you either attach that .sav file here, or send it through to contact <at> jamovi.org?

with thanks
andersoloflarsson

Post by andersoloflarsson »

Hello,

I have the exact same problem. Could it have something to do with the size of the .sav file that I am trying to open in jamovi?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

the issue is that the more recent versions of jamovi handle "user missing values", and i've found a bug there (earlier versions simply converted the "user missing values" to "system missing values", where as the newer versions preserve this information).

in this case, the user missing values were specified as 77.000, where as the column itself was determined to be integer. i hadn't allowed for a floating point user-missing value, on an integer column.

the fix will go out in the next version.

cheers, and thanks for reporting.

jonathon
Sara709

Post by Sara709 »

I have exactly the same problem. After reading this thread I've installed the most recent version and still, it says unable to open file. It's a sav file that works perfectly in SPSS. Please help!! I really needed to use it today. Thanks.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi (next time can you start a new thread).

either attach it here (you may need to zip it up first), or send it through to contact <at> jamovi.org and we'll take a look.

if you've got a copy of SPSS, you can always open the file and export it as a .csv

cheers

jonathon