Singular Fit Error in Generalized Mixed Model

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
akacar

Singular Fit Error in Generalized Mixed Model

Post by akacar »

Hello,

I'm trying to conduct a generalized mixed model analysis (logistic). I do not encounter any error with jamovi. But when I run the same analysis with R, it results in singular fit error. Do you have any suggestions about why this discrepancy might emerge?

I attached the jamovi result. The code that I use in R is below.

glmer(stay ~ transition2*reward2 + (transition2*reward2 + 1|participantno), data=data_mel3, family="binomial")

Thank you,
Anıl Şafak Kaçar
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (41.09 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
mcfanda@gmail.com

Re: Singular Fit Error in Generalized Mixed Model

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

The latest version of glmer() warns you for "near" singular fit when using the default optimizer. GAMLj, when it finds possible singular fit, changes the optimizer to find a better solution. If you do not see a warning in GAMLj, it means it found an optimizer that produced an estimation with no singular fit.
let me know if that does not work for you
akacar

Post by akacar »

Thank you very much for your quick response. Is there any way to see which optimizer is used by GAMLj?
mcfanda@gmail.com

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

that's a good question. I'm afraid it does not say it in the output. We can add it as a footnote in the next version. We do try to keep the output clean, so we avoid adding information that is not essential.