Jamovi file inaccessible from macOS iCloud

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
TheRealJasp

Jamovi file inaccessible from macOS iCloud

Post by TheRealJasp »

Hi,

I found that I could not open .omv files and after a bit of head-scratching discovered that I could if I moved them from my ~/iCloud/Documents to my local drive, I could.

I haven't tested but I seem to remember that working with Jamovi files in Dropbox was fine.

So my thoughts are that there's a limitation, not with cloud-based files in general, but with iCloud in particular. I believe that Dropbox and iCloud work differently: Dropbox (unless you arrange things otherwise) keeps files locally and syncs to its servers, whereas iCloud mirrors files locally to its server.

Has anyone else noticed this limitation?

Thanks, Jasper
Pav

Re: Jamovi file inaccessible from macOS iCloud

Post by Pav »

Hi, my .omv files are in my iCloud drive, and that doesn't seem to cause problems for me

Pav
TheRealJasp

Post by TheRealJasp »

Update—iCloud was fine yesterday :)
TheRealJasp

Post by TheRealJasp »

solved/update: I think that this problems was because I'd had iCloud's settings on my Mac offload from my local drive to iCloud. So the .omv file was never really there. [Doh!]