Unable to open file

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
keith614

Unable to open file

Post by keith614 »

Jamovi files will not open on my laptop. I get a message that I should install a newer version of Jamovi. The files are created by the Open University and open on other laptops. When I create a new file it does re-open. This happens both with version version 1.2.27 and 1.6.9. Re-installed several times and cleaned registry on all occasions.

Keith
keith614

Re: Unable to open file

Post by keith614 »

Question is what could be the problem?
Bobafett

Post by Bobafett »

I have this issue. My University is running a much older version and as I prepare and write materials using the latest versions, then these files cannot be opened with the older versions. I just assumed the updates changed some property of the files once saved, and so recommended that my students use the latest versions on their PCs or else access the on-the-web version.
keith614

Post by keith614 »

Thanks Bobafett, I will check if the files were made with an older version of Jamovi. I installed the latest version on my laptop as described above.