Dark Mode / High Contrast

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
statsprofessor

Dark Mode / High Contrast

Post by statsprofessor »

I have impaired vision and the white background that jamovi using is painful for me to work in. The high contrast modes for both windows 10 and Chrome, seem not to apply to jamovi. This there another way to get a dark background with light letering? Is one being devoloped?
jonathon

Re: Dark Mode / High Contrast

Post by jonathon »

hi,

not currently, sorry. accessibility is something we're definitely keen to support. let me add this to our next roadmap meeting.

kind regards

jonathon
Datamancer

Post by Datamancer »

I am also in a similar position. Would love to hear if some sort of dark mode is progressing!
nickschweitzer

Post by nickschweitzer »

In windows you can trigger a color inversion (Settings->Accessibility->Color Filters) that will invert the colors on the entire screen. This will change Jamovi to be dark with light lettering (and I think it actually looks quite nice). This of course might conflict with a dark theme and make the rest of windows look light again, but it's one thing to try.
leehw

Post by leehw »

I'd like to second this. I've only recently started using dark mode at night and it's hugely reduced the amount of eye strain I'm experiencing. I imagine a lot of users would benefit, not just those who recognise themselves as having accessibility issues.