[SOLVED] win 10 module install

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
iainjgallagher

[SOLVED] win 10 module install

Post by iainjgallagher »

Hi

I'm running an intro stats course using jamovi. One of the students can't install the scatr module. The error message is a simple 'Unable to install module'. Any help on what we can do to turn more informative error reporting and diagnose the problem?

ThinkPadT570, Win10 Home, Ver 1703, Build 15063.608
Jamovi 0.8.09

Thanks.

Iain
iainjgallagher

Re: win 10 module install

Post by iainjgallagher »

Some more info... we ran jamovi using right-click, run as administrator & the module appeared. We were then able to see the module even when not running as administrator. So some win 10 permissions problem?!

best,

i
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hmm, that is unusual. on windows, modules are installed into the %user%/AppData/Roaming/jamovi/modules (or something like that), so there shouldn't be any special permissions necessary for this (lots of software makes use of this space).

if you have the opportunity (i appreciate its not your computer which is having the issue), you could check whether the problem occurs when installing other modules, and if it does, you could run jamovi in debug mode (there should be an option for debug mode in the start menu shortcuts), and see what/if error messages are produced.

these reports are really valuable, and i appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

with thanks

jonathon
jammy1402

Post by jammy1402 »

Hi Jonathon, this is the student who was having the issues with installation.
I have since run jamovi on both modes, and am not encountering any issues installing or un-installing any modules.The issues seems to have resolved itself somehow, but no idea how or why!
Jamie
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

no worries jamie,

thanks for letting us know.

cheers

jonathon