Editing plots...

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
HoracioSD

Editing plots...

Post by HoracioSD »

Hi, I would like to know how to edit some plots. For example, histograms display numbers in the x axis (the values of the ordinal variable) and I prefer the names of each level, like the labels.

Is this possible? How to do that?
Thanks in advance.

Horacio
jonathon

Re: Editing plots...

Post by jonathon »

hi horacio,

this isn't available in jamovi at present.

cheers

jonathon
HoracioSD

Post by HoracioSD »

Okydoky, thanks Jonathon for your quick response...
Vit

Post by Vit »

I know it must be annoying to be asked so frequently about plots editing in jamovi. But can we get some guesstimate or insight on when and whether we can expect this feature implemented?

I love using jamovi and I am recommending it to everyone around, I am rooting for jamovi. Students get stats way faster using it, it is easy to run, share and reproduce analyses with colleagues and so on. But for many of them, not being able to edit some basic parameters of plots (like x- and y-axis scales) is an unfortunate deal-breaker.

Thanks for understanding.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi vit,

sorry, i'm not sure. we do have a project to address this, but it's hard to guess when it will be ready.

possibly only a couple of months away, but we'll see.

jonathon
Vit

Post by Vit »

Thank you for the answer. And great job with the 1.8 version!
StefanR

Post by StefanR »

Great to hear that there is a project going on to implement this! For me, too, not being able to set the x and y axis scaling is the only obstacle preventing me from using jamovi on a regular basis.

I keep my fingers crossed for this poject. An thanks for your great work up to this point!

Stefan
RHainez

Post by RHainez »

As a long time lurker on this plot-editing stuff on this forum, I can only give my full support to this feature :)
reason180

Post by reason180 »

If I wanted to write a jamovi module that produces a plot of descriptives, and that lets the user choose the range of the y axis, would that be possible in principle? Or is jamovi currently limited in some way that would prevent me from writing such a module?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

no problem.

head on over to https://dev.jamovi.org

cheers

jonathon