calculation of vector of variables

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
joshfoster

calculation of vector of variables

Post by joshfoster »

Hi, sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I cannot figure out how to do a calculation on a vector of variables. For example, say I want to sum together 10 variables called var1, var2, var3...var10. If I use the formula, SUM(var1:var10), I get an error message saying that there is not a variable in the dataset called "var1:var10". I can sum together these variables using the formula, SUM(var1,var2....var10), which is fine for small vectors, but becomes time-consuming when working with lengthy vectors of variables. Am I making a silly mistake or is this perhaps a function that has not yet been added to Jamovi? Thanks so much! I love, love, LOVE Jamovi! -Josh
jonathon

Re: calculation of vector of variables

Post by jonathon »

hi josh,

sorry, there's no easy way to sum a lot of variables. you unfortunately need to type them out SUM(var1, var2, ... var10).

cheers

jonathon
seol

Re: calculation of vector of variables

Post by seol »

You can use snowIRT module for sum scores. snowIRT>Polytomous Rasch model>Save> Total Score

OR Factor>Reliability analysis
Attachments
이미지 2.png
이미지 2.png (23.34 KiB) Viewed 2593 times