The visit and download is too slow. Any alternatives?

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
Xinyang

The visit and download is too slow. Any alternatives?

Post by Xinyang »

I am a teacher of medical statistics. I like jamovi and I recommended it to my students.

However, we found it is too slow to visit the website and to download the app.

I am wondering whether there are any alternative way to access jamovi, like R mirrors (https://cran.r-project.org/) ?

I am in China, and I know some open-source-mirror websites in China but failed to find jamovi.
jonathon

Re: The visit and download is too slow. Any alternatives?

Post by jonathon »

hi xinyang,

ordinarily the jamovi download is quite fast, but occasionally congestion does slow things down. are you finding this is an ongoing problem, or was it a once off?

with thanks

jonathon
zhaotianye

Post by zhaotianye »

I encountered the same problem in China. It's slow to download Jamovi and things in Jamovi library.
Xinyang

Post by Xinyang »

jonathon wrote:hi xinyang,

ordinarily the jamovi download is quite fast, but occasionally congestion does slow things down. are you finding this is an ongoing problem, or was it a once off?

with thanks

jonathon
Thanks for your timely reply. Yes I agree with you that it is fast to visit and download jamovi. I swifted to another internet server recently and it was not slow any longer. I will remind my students to swift the internet server if they encounter the same problem.
Xinyang

Post by Xinyang »

zhaotianye wrote:I encountered the same problem in China. It's slow to download Jamovi and things in Jamovi library.
Maybe you can try to swift to another internet, such as 教育网. 中国移动 is always so slow; away from it.
JLu

Post by JLu »

I am another jamovi user residing in China. But I have not met the download speed problem. Both Internet accesses in campus and at home are working fine for downloading jamovi from its official website at a decent speed.

Just FYI.