Plot a bar chart

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
LisaP

Plot a bar chart

Post by LisaP »

Hi,
I'm wondering if there is any way to plot a bar chart with mean and SD (or some other measure of dispersion). I can only find a descriptive plot with dots instead of bars in the t-test module. Is there a function to make a bar chart? If not, are there any plans on including one in later versions of Jamovi? Preferably, such a function could be available under the descriptive module.
My plan is to use Jamovi in a statistics course next semester, and would like to be able to show the students what a bar chart is, how to make one and how to interpret it.
Best,
Lisa
jonathon

Re: Plot a bar chart

Post by jonathon »

hi lisa,

yes, i think we should definitely look into this. i personally prefer box-plots, but we do get the occasional request for bar plots too.

with thanks
MrGPG

Post by MrGPG »

Second vote for this.

Currently wanting to use Jamovi with teachers to show the benefit of more descriptive stats, leading to bar charts, box / whisker and then onto T-test and ANOVA.

Would be useful to show the limitations of a bar chart nativity in Jamovi, not have to break out to Excel.

#lovingthework

MrGPG
HershelGen

Post by HershelGen »

Being able to do in Jamovi what MrGPG is describing would be useful indeed. Of course, it's not the biggest of deals that we have to use the Excel, but I hope this feature gets implemented at some point.
RCL

Post by RCL »

Another vote for this! It would be great if it were possible to plot bar graphs, simple bar graphs with error bars (both SE and CI) and observed scores. The simplest thing as they are occasionally more useful than box plots.
rhlamber

Post by rhlamber »

And another vote.
Do this please...
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi, this will be in the next release. 1.1.1

cheers

jonathon
RHainez