Accidentally editing data

Discuss the jamovi platform, possible improvements, etc.
fball

Accidentally editing data

Post by fball »

Hi
I believe data should not be modifiable while performing analysis in jamovi.
It has happened to me to accidentally modify data in a cell while running analysis, for example if searching for a variable without clicking on the lens first. My solution to this is to leave the selected cell on a calculated / filter variable, so that when bumping a key jamovi sends an error message as the cell is not modifiable, but I feel like jamovi should prevent this type of editing altogether.

I would also like to ask if anyone has news about plot editing, as I have seen reports of it being in the pipeline as early as 2018.

Thank you very much
Arnaud Mortier

Re: Accidentally editing data

Post by Arnaud Mortier »

I see this happening to students a lot as well, where the only option I can give them is to start over.

The only case where I can see the use of modifying the data is when forging data that meet specific requirements for an exercise, which for most people does not happen so often.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

yeah, some sort of data lock would be a good feature.

if student's accidentally change data, they can use 'undo' to undo the change.

jonathon
reason180

Post by reason180 »

As an instructor, I actually use spreadsheet editing a lot to create exercises for students.

Arnaud Mortier wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:31 am I see this happening to students a lot as well, where the only option I can give them is to start over.

The only case where I can see the use of modifying the data is when forging data that meet specific requirements for an exercise, which for most people does not happen so often.