Error when running jmvtools

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
Gpower

Error when running jmvtools

Post by Gpower »

Hi,

I'm new to module development but really need a module for doing data cleaning and am game to have a try at building one!

Problem is I can't get jmvtools to run (might be a hint that development is going to be a stretch for me). First I couldn't get jmvtools to install, then I found a post where Jonathon told someone to install nodes and jmvcore manually. I did that and jmvtools then seemed to install. But it can't find Jamovi, even if I specify the location of the Jamovi folder. Below is the start of the error message (it's long). My gut says it has to do with where things have ended up after installing them manually, but that's just a guess and I've no idea how to fix it. Any help anyone can give would be much appreciated! If you need the full error report, let me know.

> jmvtools::check()

jamovi compiler

node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:936
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module 'po2json'
Require stack:
- D:\Documents\R\win-library\4.0\jmvtools\node_modules\jamovi-compiler\i18n.js
jonathon

Re: Error when running jmvtools

Post by jonathon »

hi,

you shouldn't need to install node or jmvcore manually, so i don't know what was happening there.

i'm not sure why you're seeing this po2json error. take a look in the folder:

Documents\R\win-library\4.0\jmvtools\node_modules\jamovi-compiler\node_modules\po2json

and see if there's files there -- if not, it suggests a corrupt installation.

cheers

jonathon
Gpower

Post by Gpower »

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks for the prompt reply. The folder doesn't even exist! I get to Documents\R\win-library\4.0\jmvtools\node_modules\jamovi-compiler\node_modules, but then there's no folder called po2json. Heaps of other folders, but not that one. Any way to uninstall and re-install the package?

Oh, and that issue installing jmvtools happened on two different computers (work laptop and home desktop), and tried the laptop on my home network and at work. More than likely I'm doing something dumb, but I can't work out what.

Cheers
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

the following will remove and reinstall jmvtools

remove.packages('jmvtools')
install.packages('jmvtools', repos='https://repo.jamovi.org')

jonathon
Gpower

Post by Gpower »

Thanks - that worked a treat! Even the install command worked no trouble. Now back to "Getting started" to see what else I can screw up!

FYI, I teach honours level stats in Psychology and I know a lot of Psych departments across Australia are looking for alternatives to SPSS and Jamovi is probably best contender. My goal is to develop a good data cleaning module because I'm pretty sure that's a major barrier. We jumped across to Jamovi last year and I put together R scripts to run in Rj Editor for my students, but it's a bit clunky, doesn't do everything, and if I can get it into a module life will be easier. But I fell at the first hurdle so that might be a big "if"... Wish me luck!

Cheers
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

Gpower wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:39 am We jumped across to Jamovi last year and I put together R scripts to run in Rj Editor for my students, but it's a bit clunky
Hey @Gpower,
Have you already tried the offers of Rj editor+?

I like your willingness to measure yourself with the creation of a module for jamovi, even if the beginning didn't excite you.
Jth has already passed on the tips that got you ready to dive.
I can help if you want, but it would be easier if you make the preparation of the module available to a fork on GitHUb.
Italy and Austria touch each other and if you like, strike a blow.

Cheers,
Maurizio
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

mz, austria may touch italy, but australia doesn't!

what uni you based at gpower?

jonathon