Separate into homogeneous subsets

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
Zeick

Separate into homogeneous subsets

Post by Zeick »

I have a doubt,

I am trying to analyze data classified into 11 categories, I want to see if there are statistically significant differences between them. When I apply ANOVA and a post-hoc test to compare the groups. The output of the program gives me a table in which I have to compare one by one all the possible combinations and see if there are differences between them.

My question is: Is there any module or function within the program that can group the categories into homogeneous sets? That is, as we can find in the papers when we see tables with letters a, b, c... that indicate whether there is a statistical difference between means.

If there is, how can I contact the developers to propose this new feature?
jonathon

Re: Separate into homogeneous subsets

Post by jonathon »

hi,

i'm not aware of a homogenous subsets analysis for jamovi, but you can easily create your own by looking at the post-hoc table.

post-hoc tables and homogenous subsets are just slightly different ways of presenting the same information, and most people seem to use post-hoc tables.

jonathon
Zeick

Re: Separate into homogeneous subsets

Post by Zeick »

jonathon wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:07 am hi,

i'm not aware of a homogenous subsets analysis for jamovi, but you can easily create your own by looking at the post-hoc table.

post-hoc tables and homogenous subsets are just slightly different ways of presenting the same information, and most people seem to use post-hoc tables.

jonathon
Hi Jonathon

I know the way to present the information, but in some cases, when the volume of categories is very large and there are many categories that are similar to each other, the way that I propose is more visually simple.

Normally in the papers (at least the ones I have read, especially on agronomic studies) they tend to present the information in this way because it is more intuitive and visual. At a glance you are seeing which groups are equal.