Variables not showing on analysis list

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
leojun

Variables not showing on analysis list

Post by leojun »

Hello!

I have a large dataset (more than 1000 variables), and not all of them appear on the list when choosing some for analyses, so I can't select them. I attached two files as examples, it seems they all stack in the last line.

So, is there a maximum number of variables that jamovi can handle? I imported the dataset from a .csv file, and they seem fine when viewing the dataset window (all rows and columns are showing correctly).

Thank you!

Leo
Attachments
descriptives_1.PNG
descriptives_1.PNG (16.53 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
linear_regression_1.PNG
linear_regression_1.PNG (29.45 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
jonathon

Re: Variables not showing on analysis list

Post by jonathon »

hi,

i think this might be a limitation at this time. i think the 999 limit is actually a limitation of web browsers in this instance, and we need to take the time to implement our own version of this.

however, when you've got > 999 variables, you're probably using the search facility a lot anyway, and that should all still work.

cheers

jonathon
leojun

Post by leojun »

Hi Jonathon!

Thank you for the response!

Indeed variables do appear when using the search bar, it just takes a bit longer to load (due to the large number of variables, I imagine), but it works.I'll try to work with less variables, whenever possible.

Thanks!!

Leo
joshfoster

Post by joshfoster »

Hi Jonathon --

I just wanted to FYI that I'm also running into this same issue on the current version of Jamovia (2.3.21.0). You can search for individual variables, but if you're doing something like factor analytic work, where you have to input many variables into the dialog box, it can take a long time to search each one. What I've been doing to get around this limitation is splitting my datasets into more manageable sizes, but this creates data management issues.

Thanks so much for all you do for our community!

Josh
jonathon wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:16 pm hi,

i think this might be a limitation at this time. i think the 999 limit is actually a limitation of web browsers in this instance, and we need to take the time to implement our own version of this.

however, when you've got > 999 variables, you're probably using the search facility a lot anyway, and that should all still work.

cheers

jonathon