Exactly 2 Levels?

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Pauszed

Exactly 2 Levels?

Post by Pauszed »

When creating the Independent T-test on Jamovi, there was a good thirty minutes to an hour where I was frustrated because neither of the DV's - comprehension or context - would be able to create a graph. Jamovi kept telling me "Grouping Variable 'comprehension/context' must have exactly 2 levels" directly under its title. Eventually, without having any idea of how, I got recall's graph to work perfectly and there's been no issues since. But no matter what I do, comprehension keeps telling me that quote, and will not allow me to create anything for it when I've spent almost two hours trying to figure it out. It's unfortunate because it's integral to the paper. Comprehension and Context both have data entered the same way, they appear exactly alike, and there seems to be no difference other than the actual numbers recorded. I've redownloaded the data, recreated the graphs, redownloaded Jamovi, all from scratch. I've looked through Jamovi support questions, searched through Youtube videos, but I've seen nothing on it. No idea what it means.
Last edited by Pauszed on Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonathon

Re: Exactly 2 Levels?

Post by jonathon »

hi,

so how many levels does comprehension/context have?

jonathon
Pauszed

Post by Pauszed »

Hey dude. I like your hair. Since the beginning they both had 2 levels. I know how to check from the data tab - however, after reloading the data and Jamovi for probably the tenth time, it shows me out of nowhere that Comprehension had 3 extra levels. This is gonna make me sound crazy, too, because I knew how to do that and I swear I checked multiple times, and regardless if it showed 2 levels or however many, it wouldn't work. That was originally the case for my context variable, as well - even though it's consistently been 2 this entire time, it randomly decides when it wants to work. Whatever caused that, I don't care. Could be user error, could be a glitch, I don't care. The only remaining problem I THINK is that it won't let me delete the extra levels for comprehension, and I swear I remember trying this hours ago. I think it let me delete the extra levels and then the problem disappeared, but then reappeared, and now it won't let me delete it. My Jamovi's haunted dude. I got some rogue code. I've spent like three or four hours on this, I'm losing my mind. Swear to God I'm about to do a "Jimmy and Timmy Power Hour" directly into the code.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

you can attach a .omv file if you like.

jonathon
Pauszed

Post by Pauszed »

Sorry if I'm not understanding correctly, but it doesn't give me a .omv export option, only .omt and the regulars like PDF. When I try .omv and try to post it here, it tells me I have an invalid file extension.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

i think if you zip up the .omv file, you'll be able to attach it to this forum.

jonathon
Pauszed

Post by Pauszed »

Sure thing, let's try this. At this point I think I either need to delete the magical unused levels, or do something with the "retain unused levels" option, but nothing seems to work. I can almost guarantee you I'm missing the most obvious thing in the world and I'm gonna put a hole in my wall.
Attachments
PSY217LAB3DATA.zip
(13.04 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

you've attached an .omt file, which is a template which contains no data. you'll need to attach a .omv file.

jonathon
reason180

Post by reason180 »

Hi Pauszed. You're not supposed to be trying to "export" an omv file. Instead, you're supposed to "save" the file (or "save as" if you want to save it under a different filename). It saves as an omv.