Missing Values calculating 0

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
StatsHelp

Missing Values calculating 0

Post by StatsHelp »

Hello,

I am writing my dissertation and running into a few issues. Mainly that my stats are not calculating, I have two missing values that participants did not answer the question on and then I am calculating this at the end so I can run analysis. However, my issue is that these values are blank and I can not give them a missing value of 0 as that is my measurement for deception and the absence of a number there is important. When I leave it blank it does not put anything in the total calculation and if I enter ignore_missing=1 then they report back as 0 when they should be much higher.

I have attached an image of it, the circle red is what I am being given with the calculation while the blue is what it should have (manually entered). I can not just use the manually entered values due to the fact that things such as the mean calculation will not take into account that they divide by 9 instead of 10 due to the missing answer.

If anyone knows the answer to this it would be much appreciated,
Thank you
Attachments
Stats.PNG
Stats.PNG (34.86 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
reason180

Re: Missing Values calculating 0

Post by reason180 »

For me, ignore_missing works a intended. See the image below or attached.
Attachments
ignore_missing.png
ignore_missing.png (33.06 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
StatsHelp

Post by StatsHelp »

If it's of any use I have attached my datasheet, this is a really frustrating issue I can't find the answer to
Attachments
Complete Data Set.omv
(19.03 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

hi,

jamovi is actually doing the right thing here. you're adding all the values together, and *then* taking their sum. rather than:

SUM(Q6_1C + Q7_1C + Q8_1C + Q9_1C + Q10_1C + Q11_1C + Q12_1C + Q13_1C + Q14_1C + Q15_1C, ignore_missing=1)

use this instead:

SUM(Q6_1C, Q7_1C, Q8_1C, Q9_1C, Q10_1C, Q11_1C, Q12_1C, Q13_1C, Q14_1C, Q15_1C, ignore_missing=1)

cheers
StatsHelp

Post by StatsHelp »

You are an absolutely lifesaver
StatsHelp

Post by StatsHelp »

Can I ask will this automatically be considered in the calculations, for example with the descriptives will it automatically consider this when calculating the mean that it should divide by 9 instead of 10. My total is being turned into a percentage at the end (5.4 mean, becoming 54% accuracy) so its quite important that this is accurate. Thank you again
reason180

Post by reason180 »

Descriptives works properly. See below/attached.
Attachments
desciptivesUntitled.png
desciptivesUntitled.png (94.71 KiB) Viewed 1920 times