How to configure snowIRT in Jamovi for a simulated school assessment with item discrimination and difficulty?

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Xandao

How to configure snowIRT in Jamovi for a simulated school assessment with item discrimination and difficulty?

Post by Xandao »

I'm new to Jamovi and I have an Excel spreadsheet simulating a school assessment (35 students and a 45-question test all measured with 0s and 1s), which should range from 0.0 to a minimum of 0 and a maximum score of 1000. I need to know how to configure the snowIRT module so that the final score for each student does not exceed 1000 and takes into account item discrimination and difficulty. Can someone help me with this? If you can provide a step-by-step guide for configuration, I would be grateful.
seol

Re: How to configure snowIRT in Jamovi for a simulated school assessment with item discrimination and difficulty?

Post by seol »

Hi Xandao

Thanks for using snowIRT module. I am not sure what you are trying to do. What does ' takes into account item discrimination and difficulty' means?

Best
Seol
Xandao

Re: How to configure snowIRT in Jamovi for a simulated school assessment with item discrimination and difficulty?

Post by Xandao »

"Item discrimination" and "difficulty" are terms commonly used in Item Response Theory (IRT) to describe the performance of an item in a test. These terms are related to the concept of "SE" (standard error) and "measure" in IRT. Specifically, "item discrimination" refers to how well an item distinguishes between high- and low-ability test-takers, while "difficulty" refers to how difficult an item is for the test-takers. I need to configure into the snowIRT a scale starting with 0 to 1000.

Example 0 correct answer 0,0, test with 45 items, students got 45 - 1000. I want to analyze a whole group of students through IRT with scores and not only by items.
seol

Post by seol »

Hi

You can use snowIRT or snowRMM module to get item difficulty and discrimination indexes regardless of your scaling.
Xandao

Post by Xandao »

Okey, I already use the module snowirt, I got the SE e MEASURE in each student, I was thinking If I can convert both in a school score from 00 to 1000.

must I download snowRMM as a new module?
seol

Post by seol »

Hi

Do you want the result table shown below?
Attachments
이미지 001.png
이미지 001.png (79.6 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
Xandao

Post by Xandao »

Yes and no...rsrs the results must have a max of 1000 of score - imagine that I have a test with 45 items - and in my class, I have 30 students - I will apply the IRT in this assessment and students will receive a grade.

The standard score must be configured to do not pass 1000. The only student with 1000 will be the one who reached 45 correct anwsers.

Can u help me?
Attachments
modelo-ajuda.png
modelo-ajuda.png (79.08 KiB) Viewed 2073 times