Meta-analysis MAJOR error note "need finite xlim values"

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
a.niklewicz

Meta-analysis MAJOR error note "need finite xlim values"

Post by a.niklewicz »

Dear Jamovi Team,

I hope you can help.

I'm currently working on a meta-analysis using the Major application within Jamovi. I can't seem to work the "mean differences" function within Major for my data, whatever data I input the instruction "need finite xlim value"

I've attached my data set for reference. One simple test I would like to do is find the mean difference between Vegan n (sample size) and OMN n (omnivore) or LOV n (vegetarian) for SB12. Mean and SD provided.

As I said, the instruction "need finite xlim value" comes up and before this, a popup message mentions rows 8 and 11.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going wrong and I hope you can help.
Attachments
Full data set.omv
(22.51 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
MAgojam

Re: Meta-analysis MAJOR error note "need finite xlim values"

Post by MAgojam »

Hey @a.niklewicz,

the message you receive means that there are rows with missing data for the variables you entered in the analyzes.
If you do not retrieve this data, you can turn on filters according to the variables entered to exclude those with missing.
In the attached screenshot an example to exclude for the 'OMV ...' variables in your sheet, which have missing data in rows 2, 4, 6.

Attention, if you have more than one analysis in output, switching on the filter (at the moment) affects them all, so look only at the one of interest etc.

Cheers,
Maurizio
Attachments
meta.PNG
meta.PNG (47.54 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
Rama_shankar

Re: Meta-analysis MAJOR error note "need finite xlim values"

Post by Rama_shankar »

Hi,
I'm doing time series analysis using snow-cluster. It is showing same prompt. I've cross checked there is no missing variable. Using the mentioned filter all rows are filtered out from the data set.
Please help.