Mean Substitution using transformed data

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Claire1998

Mean Substitution using transformed data

Post by Claire1998 »

Hi there,

I have transformed variables because the scale they were imported with was wrong (some items were scored using levels 1-7, and some had scores 10-17). So they were all transformed to make the scoring correct. But now I am using mean substitution for some missing data but when I use VMEAN($source) it unsurprisingly gives the mean using the old incorrect scores.

What code can I use to calculate the the mean of the current (transformed) column so that I can substitute NA for the mean of the transformed variable?

Please help!

Thank you
jonathon

Re: Mean Substitution using transformed data

Post by jonathon »

hi,

so let's say you have column 'bad', and you create a transform that uses 'bad' as a source, and produces column 'good'. and now you want to create a column that does mean substitution called 'evenbetter' ... it sounds like 'evenbetter' is using 'bad' as it's source, and you just need to change the source of 'evenbetter' to use 'good' instead.

does that make sense?

cheers