Statistical analysis help :(

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
hannahkoneru

Statistical analysis help :(

Post by hannahkoneru »

Hi so I did a questionnaire about measuring the intention to pass on language and religion with a group of participants who speak Tamil and their religion. There is two groups (one with kids and one without kids), so my teacher said to do an independent t test for the group that has kids and intends to pass on the language, and a independent t test for the group without kids that intends to pass on the language and religion. She also said to include a Wilcox test but that has also confused me. I wasn't sure if independent or paired t test was more appropriate. The problem is I am very confused on how to put this into Jamovi, and I was hoping I could get some help.

I'm not sure if I've sorted it properly into Jamovi, but I've attached my data to this text.
Hoping someone can help as soon as possible :(
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 19.21.48.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 19.21.48.png (86.82 KiB) Viewed 570 times
reason180

Re: Statistical analysis help :(

Post by reason180 »

RE: "measuring the intention to pass on language and religion with a group of participants who speak Tamil and their religion. There is two groups (one with kids and one without kids), so my teacher said to do an independent t test for the group that has kids and intends to pass on the language, and a independent t test for the group without kids that intends to pass on the language and religion."

Sorry. From what you've written here, you seem to have a very basic question about introductory statistics. Probably, it's a question best answered by your teacher.