Mixed model based on NLME package

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
alancai1974

Mixed model based on NLME package

Post by alancai1974 »

I'm wondering if the mixed model module could add support to NLME package. The current module is based on lme4 package (LMER function). The reason that I suggest NLME package (lme function) is that lme includes a number of function that is not available in lmer, for example, you can specify correlation types to fix autocorrelation.
mcfanda@gmail.com

Re: Mixed model based on NLME package

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

Partially. The autocorrelation option, however, will be added soon
alancai1974

Post by alancai1974 »

Are you also going to add variance/covariance related options? For example, lme allows modelling of heteroscedasticity using weight options and various variance specifications.
mcfanda@gmail.com

yes, that's my aim. GAMLj is going to be upgraded to version 3, in which a bunch of new possibilities is implemented (model comparisons, effect size, etc) for all models. Among them, I'm implementing also more options for structured errors and random effects covariances matrices in the mixed model. If you have suggestions along these lines, please send me an email. Help is always welcome.
Philipp.B

Post by Philipp.B »

This is amazing news! I use your package for my master thesis and I am very thankful for your work. Is there a time frame when the update will come out?
mcfanda@gmail.com

not really. Being it a major update, it needs extensive testing. I think you'll be graduated already by the time it comes out.
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

mcfanda@gmail.com wrote:I think you'll be graduated already by the time it comes out.
:')
OT
Marcello, if it had happened 45 years ago, I would have waited for your module before graduating ... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Saluti,
Maurizio
alancai1974

Post by alancai1974 »

This is a great news. Looking forward to seeing this happen.
alancai1974

Post by alancai1974 »

just curious: why 45 years :D
MAgojam wrote:
mcfanda@gmail.com wrote:I think you'll be graduated already by the time it comes out.
:')
OT
Marcello, if it had happened 45 years ago, I would have waited for your module before graduating ... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Saluti,
Maurizio