Data entry query

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)

Data entry query

Post by 776655104 »

Hi all

I recently loaded jamovi 2.3.18 and noticed that in the data tab there is this new form of highlighting selected tabs (a circle is at the top left and bottom right of each selection). I now need to double click before typing to enter data into a cell as otherwise nothing enters the cell. Also, I cannot copy and paste as before, but must drag the circles to expand the selection and then right click on either circle to get a usable context menu. Is this jamovi's default behaviour now (I did not see anything in the past release notes) or did I enable this by accident (some feature enabled by shortcut when keyboard was misclicked)?

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (174.28 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (174.28 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
Attachments
Untitled1.jpg
Untitled1.jpg (236.19 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
jonathon

Re: Data entry query

Post by jonathon »

let me attend damo to this.

thanks for letting us know.

jonathon
dropmann

Post by dropmann »

Hi, Thanks for reporting.

What device are you using? The circles appear when you are using a touch screen device. However if there is a mouse available the normal behavior is default.

Post by 776655104 »

Hi dropmann

I have an Dell Insipiron 5379 laptop (which does have a touchscreen). If it helps, I am using a wireless mouse and changed the touchpad settings such that the touchpad is disabled when it recognizes a mouse is connected to the laptop (so currently the touchpad is not working since the mouse is always connected with its USB wireless dongle). I don't use the touch screen functionality, I use the laptop as a conventional non touch device. Also, I have used jamovi previously with the same device and configuration without this happening before.

Regards
dropmann

Post by dropmann »

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to try and re-enable your touchpad, restart your computer and try jamovi again? Maybe also try with and without the wireless mouse and the touchpad enabled. I appreciate that this is not a solution however will give me insights into what is causing this behavior. Thanks in advanced.

Post by 776655104 »

I took out the wireless mouse dongle, which would have re-enabled the touchpad (I had the "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected" setting unselected such that once the mouse was connected the touchpad would be off). The issue was still there.

I then restarted the computer without ever have plugged in the wireless mouse dongle (so with the touchpad only) and the issue was still there.

When I set it such that the mouse and touchpad are active simultaneously it issue still persists.

If helps, this laptop is a 2in1 convertible. The hinge allows for the keyboard portion to swing completely behind the screen and for it to be used as a tablet. However, when that happens the keyboard turns off and the display auto rotates depending on which orientation you are holding the device. I am using the device as a conventional laptop and it is not going into tablet mode.