Student has incompatibility issues with their old mac model

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
mwoller

Student has incompatibility issues with their old mac model

Post by mwoller »

A student I am TAing for our statistics course cannot download jamovi as their is an incompatibility issue with her version of macOS 10.12.16, as the oldest available version of jamovi you guy have available for mac download is only for macOS 10.13. Do you guys have any build for this old macbook at all? What would be the alternative solutions other than requiring her to pay for the web browser version? Thanks for the help!
jonathon

Re: Student has incompatibility issues with their old mac model

Post by jonathon »

hi,

sorry, 10.13 is the oldest version of macOS we support.

we have placed the cloud version at a price point that shouldn't be too burdensome for students.

kind regards

jonathon
mwoller

Post by mwoller »

So as a followup for an problem another student is having. Apparently every time that they try opening jamovi they receive an error that automatically closes the application. This is happening both on the 2.3.21 and 2.2.5 Windows build. We have no clue why this is happening and what the fix might be. They are getting the server message: "Engine Process Terminated Exit code: 1" I'm not sure where a error guide for jamovi exists

Let me know if you need additional information. Thanks for the help.
mwoller

Post by mwoller »

I just realized that the student (most likely) already made a help question about this issue, so you can ignore the previous post.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

yeah, sometimes there are small things about people's laptops that prevent jamovi from running. it's not uncommon for software to not work on a small percentage of windows machines.

that's one of the attractive things about publishing a cloud version ... we side-step all these issues.

cheers