Can't open Jamovi files that have an '&' symbol in name or file path

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
Jason121288

Can't open Jamovi files that have an '&' symbol in name or file path

Post by Jason121288 »

First, thanks for the great software! We have incorporated it into our psych stats courses. Anyway, when I try to open Jamovi files by double-clicking on them, if they contain an '&' symbol in their name or anywhere in the file path, I get an error message that Jamovi is "Unable to open. No such file or directory..." And it appears that Jamovi doesn't look beyond the '&' symbol. (See attached image.) Specifically, I have a Jamovi file called "Sample Dataset - 351 - Mood, INT, & MIL - Post Step4". I can go within Jamovi and open it through there, but if I double-click it, I get the error message. Also, if I have Jamovi files that are within a folder (or sub-folder) that has an '&' symbol, I will get the same error message.
Some of these Jamovi files are a year old, and I used to be able to double-click them to open them without any problem, so this seems to be a new(er) issue.
Jamovi error message2.jpg
Jamovi error message2.jpg (9.72 KiB) Viewed 594 times
reason180

Re: Can't open Jamovi files that have an '&' symbol in name or file path

Post by reason180 »

I am experiencing exactly the same problem regarding having the '&' symbol anywhere in the path name. (I'm using Windows 10.)

With regard to opening old files, with various versions of jamovi, I've frequently encountered the situation where if I use a newer version of jamovi to try to open a jamovi file created in an older version, the file will not open unless I first remove any spaces from the file name.