Alter filters without affecting past analyses

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
raimoi

Alter filters without affecting past analyses

Post by raimoi »

Hi!

Could you please tell me how to duplicate analyses in Jamovi by changing the filters?

For instance, say I want to run some descriptive statistics for boys first and then run the same analysis on girls. If I change the filters it alters both of my analyses to reflect my change in filter.

BONUS: is there a way to get the R syntax for filters?

Thanks!

Fede
reason180

Re: Alter filters without affecting past analyses

Post by reason180 »

In the current versions of jamovi, it is not possible to apply a filter to one analysis but not another. (An alternative is to create new data columns that have data for boys only (e.g., Dependent_Var_for_Boys) and for girls only (Dependent_Var_for_Girls) and then conduct the two sets of analyses on the two separate dependent variables.)

You cannot get R syntax for the filters.
JorgeCamachoS

Post by JorgeCamachoS »

Hi, you can run the analisys without filter for whole dataset and then another analisys with filtered data.

Jorge
reason180

Post by reason180 »

RE: "Hi, you can run the analysis without filter for whole dataset and then another analysis with filtered data."

Unfortunately that does not work as way to "alter filters without affecting past analyses." You either need different DV's for each analysis, or your need multiple versions of the jmv file with the filters set differently in each file.
raimoi

Post by raimoi »

Thank you very much everyone! Am I the only one to find this current setup heavily unwieldy?
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

it's a limitation at this time ... we have plans to allow analyses to use different subsets

jonathon
reason180

Post by reason180 »

Great! It could look like this . . .