Results do not Update When Confidence Width is Changed

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
julian2

Results do not Update When Confidence Width is Changed

Post by julian2 »

I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question, but it is the best I could find. I am currently developing a module, and so far, it has been very smooth. Congratulations to the team for creating such a great API!

I have one issue, though: The module implements the Brunner-Munzel test, which is close to the Mann-Whitney test. Consequently, I mostly adapted code from the ttestis* files within the jmv package. The only thing that does not work as expected is the width of the confidence interval. If I change this number, the heading of the table changes accordingly, but the results are not recomputed. If I change another option afterwards, for example, one versus two-sided testing, the results are correctly recomputed with the new confidence width. What do I have to do to tell jamovi to recompute results when the confidence width is changed? My module can be found here: https://github.com/karchjd/bmtest.

I have used the following versions:
  • jamovi 2.2.5.0
  • jmvtools_2.3.4
  • R 4.2.1
  • Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19045)
MAgojam

Re: Results do not Update When Confidence Width is Changed

Post by MAgojam »

Hey @julian2,
reopen your bmtest.r.yaml file, where you forgot to inform the clearWith: property of the dynamic table, about the possible change of the width of the confidence interval.
Add to the end of those already present
- ciWidth
so the table will update for the new requested interval.

Cheers,
Maurizio
julian2

Re: Results do not Update When Confidence Width is Changed

Post by julian2 »

Thanks a lot. That (of course) solved it.