Help to develop a module for data imputation and DDA

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
rhlamber

Help to develop a module for data imputation and DDA

Post by rhlamber »

Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing well. I'm writing today because I'm interested in developing a module for jamovi that performs data imputation (using mice and missForest packages) and descriptive discriminant analysis (to use as a MANOVA follow up test). However, this is my first module, and I could use some help with its development.

If anyone would be willing to create the module with me, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm excited to contribute to the jamovi community and hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you!
jonathon

Re: Help to develop a module for data imputation and DDA

Post by jonathon »

your best bet is to take some first steps (tutorials over at dev.jamovi.org) and then invite people to get involved when you've got the module working in some basic form.

cheers
rhlamber

Post by rhlamber »

Thank you for your reply.

That's exactly what I thought too.
So, I went ahead and followed the tutorial by replicating the first module (ttest), to get a general idea of ​​the process. Once that's done, I've also set up the base of the module for data imputation (using missForest).
But I'm still confused about importing necessary packages into jamovi and structuring the code...
I will keep trying...
Thank you again.
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

yeah, the tutorial assumes some knowledge of developing R packages ... you write code a bit differently when you're writing a package rather than working interactively (i.e. you'll never use library() in a package). it might be worth working through a tutorial on writing packages for R.

cheers

jonathon