Cannot found some packages

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
abuckens

Cannot found some packages

Post by abuckens »

Hello,

I haven't found any module that does text analysis. It's a growing demand at our university and considering I worked in that field until a few month ago, we'll probably start a module in-house. For example, many poll have a "Other (open question)" option that is filled with comments that could be interesting to researchers in social science. Right now it's just a draft of an LDA.

I'm now running into an error while installing packages. Most of them run fine, but when I try to include FactoMineR, factoextra or ggpubr in the description file, I get

"Avis : unable to access index for repository https://cran.microsoft.com/snapshot/202 ... ontrib/4.1:
unable to open URL 'https://cran.microsoft.com/snapshot/202 ... 1/PACKAGES'
factoextra is not available as a binary package for this version of R" (in french sadly so it's my translation).

I don't know it this is a common error in Jamovi. Installing the package from RStudio works fine (but gets the package from cran.rstudio, not from cran.microsoft) and installing modules in Jamovi like MEDA that uses FactoMineR also works perfectly fine, so I'm a bit lost here.

Quick edit : it might be due to the specific packages, but they are also the last packages that I tried to install
Last edited by abuckens on Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonathon

Re: Cannot found some packages

Post by jonathon »

looks like the same issue as over here:

viewtopic.php?p=9808#p9808

we'll be releasing the 2.4 soon, and we won't need to rely on MRAN after that.

cheers
abuckens

Post by abuckens »

Ho yeah, that makes sense considering it's only the packages I tried to install last!

Thanks for the fast answer, I'll put this project on hold for the time being and I'll come back when it's up and running !
jonathon

Post by jonathon »

the 2.4 is out ... (has been for a while)