Additional options when using MAJOR package

Everything related to development of the jamovi platform
Natalie Schroyens

Additional options when using MAJOR package

Post by Natalie Schroyens »

Dear Jamovi developer,

Thanks for this amazing software, and for making it freely accessible.

I have a couple of questions regarding the possibilities when doing meta-analysis in Jamovi using the MAJOR package.

1. MAJOR package > Mean differences
- There is no test for heterogeneity. Would it be possible for this test to be included in Jamovi, or are there any reasons not to do so in this case?

2. MAJOR package > Dichotomous models
- Under 'Model options' > 'Model Measures', you can choose log OR, log RR, ... and below, there is an option to back-transform log OR to OR. Would this back-transformation also be possible for RR? This is the option that our team uses in most of our meta-analyses, as this effect size is the easiest one to interpret in the case of (prospective) intervention studies.
- Would it be possible to perform a meta-analysis (dichotomous model based on number of events and total sample sizes for 2 groups) for only 2 studies? Currently, there is an error message saying 'the number of parameters to be estimated is larger than the number of observations'. Other statisti-cal software packages, such as RevMan, do not give this error when including only 2 studies with di-chotomous outcomes in meta-analyses.
- When clicking 'back-transform' log OR to OR, the forest plot still shows log OR (instead of OR). Unless there are reasons not to use OR here, it seems preferable to show OR on the forest plot when clicking the back-transformation option.

Thank you in advance for considering these changes to the Jamovi software.

Looking forward to your response,
Natalie Schroyens
MAgojam

Re: Additional options when using MAJOR package

Post by MAgojam »

Hey Natalie,
sorry for the delay here, but for MAJOR there are already a lot of my answers in the forum.
W. Kyle Hamilton, he's the author of MAJOR, but we haven't seen him around here for a long time now and that's why I've posted on this awesome form to fix reported bugs and add some requests, even in the past.
Thank you for your recommendations/requests (all achievable), I will certainly deal with them, but it won't be soon.

Have a nice day.

https://www.jamovi.org/about.html
Maurizio Agosti