Issues with Jamovi calculating descriptives

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)

Issues with Jamovi calculating descriptives

Post by 19004460 »

Hi there,

Hope everyone is well! I am just sending a little message of inquiry regarding an issue I am having with calculating my data set. I have downloaded the newest version, 2.3.28. I am doing a mixed-method questionnaire survey for my psych dissertation about the COVID-19 pandemic. The only issue is that my quantitative data is text-related i.e. Q: did your mental health improve during the pandemic? A: Yes; No. However, as this is text Jamovi obviously can not calculate this. All Jamovi can calculate is the N number and provide a frequency of tables. For everything else, it is blank (0).

Does anyone know how to resolve this to show data? I need the P-Value, descriptive statistics, and to create some form of T text/ANOVA as I have two Independent variables and two dependent variables. Would anyone be a lamb and try to help explain how to fix this either via text (step by step) or a video call on Teams? Would really appreciate it! :)

Thanks a million! X
patc3

Re: Issues with Jamovi calculating descriptives

Post by patc3 »

Change the variable type to factor (though I'm guessing it already is), or change the values to be numeric, like 0 or 1
reason180

Re: Issues with Jamovi calculating descriptives

Post by reason180 »

If you want {yes; no} to be {1.0; 0.0}, create a new, computed variable that uses IF statements to achieve the desired outcome. See image, below.
t,f_1,0.png
t,f_1,0.png (27.55 KiB) Viewed 1395 times