Path diagram in CFA

General help and assistance with jamovi. Bug reports can be made at our issues page: https://github.com/jamovi/jamovi/issues . (If you're unsure feel free to discuss it here)
neck_dvvp

Path diagram in CFA

Post by neck_dvvp »

Hello!

I'm running a CFA and i want to create a path diagram. I have 8 factors and 35 items, where some have covariances that i want represented.

While they are represented if i covariate item 7 and 18, they do not show on the path if i covariate item 7 and 8 or 7 and 6. Could this be a bug? Or does jamovi automatically hide these to make the diagram less clutered as the items are so close or something else entirely?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Untitled picture.png
Untitled picture.png (256.85 KiB) Viewed 1747 times
Ravi

Re: Path diagram in CFA

Post by Ravi »

I think that probably the path between 7 and 8 is missing because the items overlap and therefore occlude the path that is drawn between them. I expect that if it were possible to increase the height of the plot (which is not possible in jamovi at the moment), the path between 7 and 8 would show up again.
neck_dvvp

Re: Path diagram in CFA

Post by neck_dvvp »

Thank you for your answer! I assumed so.

Since i'm in this topic, can I also ask if you have plans to add an option that would allow users to select if they want to omit or not the factor loadings?
Thanks again!