Major/ meta-analysis

Discuss statistics related things
gwennanleah

Major/ meta-analysis

Post by gwennanleah »

Hi I am currently using major in jamovi for a meta-analysis - on single arm proportional data.

I was wondering when it comes to bias what tests you are using? particularly with regard to the regression test (it doesn't state which one). similar systematic reviews have used Beggs or Eggers - is this one of those?

secondly is it possible to do subgroup analysis on this sort of data in jamovi?
gwennanleah

Re: Major/ meta-analysis

Post by gwennanleah »

Hi I am currently using major in jamovi for a meta-analysis - on single arm proportional data.

I was wondering when it comes to bias what tests you are using? particularly with regard to the regression test (it doesn't state which one). similar systematic reviews have used Beggs or Eggers - is this one of those?

secondly is it possible to do subgroup analysis on this sort of data in jamovi?
MAgojam

Post by MAgojam »

Hey @gwennanleah,
two quick responses.

1. The function can perform (various versions of) Egger's regression test for funnel plot asymmetry.

2. Not at the moment, but it's on the list.

Cheers,
Maurizio.
gwennanleah

Post by gwennanleah »

Thanks!
njain@iiphg.org

Post by njain@iiphg.org »

I am writing to discuss a challenge we encountered when we ran the meta-analysis in the JAMOVI cloud.

We wanted to run a proportions meta-analysis to calculate the pooled prevalence. However, after several attempts, we were not able to perform the test.

A message “the condition has length >1” is displayed.

Please let us know if you have any thoughts or recommendations on how we can proceed.