GAMLj Feature Request: Simple Interaction Effects

Everything related to the development of modules in jamovi
nickschweitzer

GAMLj Feature Request: Simple Interaction Effects

Post by nickschweitzer »

One of the last things that seems to be missing for me (and for teaching basic stats with Jamovi/GAMLj) occurs when breaking down interaction effects when, for example, conducting a three-way ANOVA in GAMLj. While the module allows for simple main effects, and simple-simple main effects, there does not appear to be a way to get simple interaction effects.

For example, in an AxBxC ANOVA model, it is possible to look at A within B, or even A within B within C. But not, AxB within C (or the other permutations). To fully analyze these types of models (which I think are pretty common) we need the ability to see the full simple main effects and simple interactions (e.g., A within C, B within C, and AxB within C). Is this something that could be added to the module?

Right now we can accomplish this somewhat via filtering, but I think it would be better if it could be done a) automatically, and b) using the overall error term.
mcfanda@gmail.com

Re: GAMLj Feature Request: Simple Interaction Effects

Post by mcfanda@gmail.com »

The new update of gamlj, version 3, allows for simple interactions of any order. However, it is not yet in the jamovi library, but you can download and sideload in jamovi with very simple steps: check it out here https://github.com/gamlj/gamlj#version-3

Please give feedback so we can move it to the official library